Pasture Analyser is a database of pasture growth rates derived from 25 years of evaluating temperate pasture species under irrigation at Gatton and Mutdapilly Research Stations. It provides users with a look at the performance of annual, hybrid and perennial ryegrasses, tall fescues, prairie grasses, kikuyu, lucerne, clovers and herbs throughout the year. Pasture Analyser has photographs of each species included in the database.
What does Pasture Analyser do?
Pasture Analyser provides different views of the data which has been collected from replicated cutting experiments where monthly defoliations have been used to create line graphs of daily growth rates. Other graphs provide annual production of species which has been split into seasonal chunks. Cultivars can be compared within years against standard cultivars, or the performance of one cultivar can be compared over a number of years.
The program has a detailed "Help" file to allow you to get the most out of the database.
What Pasture Analyser can deliver?
Pasture Analyser can:
- Compare species (i.e., ryegrass vs lucerne, clover vs chicory);
- Compare cultivars within species (i.e., Aristocrat 2 vs Tetila);
- Compare species by years (i.e., Tetila in 1998 vs 2006);
- Compare perennial species in any sowing year over a 3-year stand life (i.e. prairie grass vs perennial ryegrass);
- Compare seasonal production of perennial or annual species within years (i.e., winter growth of Aristocrat 2 vs Concord.
How do I get a copy?
Due to the size of this program, a CD copy is available on request. For a copy of the CD please contact:
Dairy Systems Modeller
Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation
Or if you have a broadband internet connection you could download the install files right now!
Instructions to Download - This file is about 7 MB. PA_Install.zip is a new installation
1. Right click on the Pasture Analyser icon and use the "Save Target As" option to download the file to your computer.
2. When saved to your computer unzip the file, a new subdirectory will be created "PA_Install".
3. Run the file "PAInstall.exe" in this subdirectory and follow the prompts.
4. Windows 95 and 98 users: If you have trouble running the program, download updated Data Access Components; after downloading run "mdac-typ.exe"